Friday, January 8, 2010

JANUARY 7: FIRST SNOW


Today was our first snow of the year, and yes school let out early for the whopping 1-3 inches we were expecting. Those of us in the south apparently have no idea how to drive in such extreme weather conditions (are you laughing yet my northern friends?).

Not only does the falling white stuff make us drive like extreme idiots, the impending doom has as running to the grocery store to empty the shelves of bread, milk, and toilet paper. You wouldn't want to be stuck in your house for twenty-four hours without such things now, would you?

I hope all of those who have had some real snow this year can appreciate the gentle flakes on the holly bushes outside of my home. I know I saw much more of this flaky white substance when I was in Colorado for T+L back in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment